Friday 28 September 2018

Paradise Bay Shawlette.


Design ideas come to me, inspired by a yarn, stitch pattern, architecture, nature, can't name all. The Paradise Bay Shawlette pattern just came together by itself. It was a fast and pleasurable process. I purchased the yarn at Yarningham on July 14, and on 25th the shawl was ready. Getting the pattern ready for publishing took more time. I was surprised myself, I don't work so fast usually. Some patterns take a year or more to come together.
When I bought the yarn, I didn't have a clear idea, what it wants to be. Petting that pretty skein of merino and silk blend yarn, browsing stitch dictionaries and Pinterest ideas started to flow in. That time I was obsessed by slipped stitches, worked up several swatches and decided to use them in the shawl pattern, to create weaves in a blue lagoon.  
To see the wonderful shawls made by test knitters and to purchase the pattern please click HERE.



Mõni muster kirjutab end ise. See sall sündis kiiresti. Lõnga ostsin 14. juulil, ja 25ndal oli sall valmis. Tavaliselt ma nii kiire pole. Mõned lõngad ootavad aastaid oma saatust, mõnd mustrit kirjutan kuude kaupa. Ju see lõng oli nii inspireeriv. Silitasin seda mõnusat meriino-siidisegust lõngatokki, sirvisin mustreid ja ideed tulid. Olin just kudunud mitmeid tööproove ületõstetud silmustega, lõngajooksud ees, ning otsustasin need lisada pitsile. Tahtsin küll saada veidi lainelisemat efekti, kuid olen rahul. 
Testkudujate kauneid salle saab näha SIIN, samuti ka soetada mustrit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment