Saturday 14 January 2017

What's on my knitting needles? Mis on varrastel?


I bought this lovely yarn a year ago while on holiday in Sydney. I was looking for an  Australian yarn to treat myself. It's Morris & Sons Empire 2 ply 100% merino, 700 m / 50 gr lace weight yarn.  I've been toying with the idea what pattern to use for it. I imagined it'll be a stripy shawl. Finally I decided to re-knit my Arrows & Apples shawl and write the pattern in English at the same time. I got new software for charting, so I need to re-do all my charts. The benefit is it creates written out patterns as well. I have not shown the original shawl when finished. A bit more of it can be seen in my Ravelry project page. It was knit in linen - cotton blend and looks quite heavy. Now I re-knit it in fine lace yarn. To my surprise the colour sections of the yarn are short. I love it even more!

                                              --------------------------------------------------

Ma ostsin selle kauni lõnga aasta tagasi, olles puhkusel Sydney's. Parim suveniir kudujale on ju kohalik lõng, no vähemalt üks parimaid! See on Morris & Sons Empire 100% meriino, 700 m / 50 gr, peen pitsilõng. Olen pikalt mõelnud, mida sellest kududa. Mulle tundus, et kududes tuleb triibuline pind. Lõpuks otsustasin kududa uuesti oma eelmisel suvel Suviste pitside salakudumiseks tehtud mustri. Eelmine sall oli linase - puuvillase segulõngast, pisut toekam, seekord siis peenest pitsilõngast. Minu üllatuseks on värvivaheldus kiire ja ei mingeid triipe. See meeldib mulle isegi rohkem!



No comments:

Post a Comment